Copying the files meow_omni.zip over those in omni.ja(r) will permanantly disable Fast-Find/Quick-Find/FAYT.
I could make this fully about:config controllable, by only inserting the following into the beginning of findbar.xml's "_shouldFastFind" method.
- var meow_pref = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/preferences-service;1"].
- if (!meow_pref)
- return false;
However, I want nothing to do with that interrupting cow, Quick-Find, so I instead made the following changes:
It contains the following changes:
- method "_shouldFastFind" now always returns false.
- method "_onBrowserKeypress" assigns null instead of "'" and "/" for TAF keys
- method "_onBrowserKeypress" now has manualstartFAYT and other logihttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifc checks for TAF keys forced to false
- binding "browser" now has "shift,control" ("VF_23" and "VF_24") instead of "shift any" ("'" and "/") handl[ing] ("cmd_findTypeText" and "cmd_findTypeLinks")
- method "_handleKeyEvent" nolonger has "FAYT watching" hardcoded into it.
I used 7Zip.org to open my omni.ja file, though any jar/zip archiver should work, but your miliage may vary.